Kitchen Remodeling Services, Miami FL
1. Kitchen Remodeling
Everything You Need To Know About Kitchen Remodeling
When planning to remodel your kitchen, you need to consider several things, including your budget, time duration of the project, material, necessities, etc. Above all, there are two main aspects that should be kept in mind while turning your kitchen renovation ideas into reality.
First thing first, you should think about how you use your kitchen. Secondly, see if you have enough money to meet your kitchen remodeling expectations.
Once you have set your goals, you can start looking for a professional kitchen remodeling services provider company with vast experience in this industry. This may be a challenging project, so it is better if everything goes sequentially to ensure 100% success.
If you are confused as to where to begin, worry not. We are here to help you with every single phase of the kitchen renovation. Read on!
1.1 Planning is the Key
When everything is planned from your side, the process will go smooth. Planning is the key element to get anything done in a well-manner. And when it comes to investing in your property, getting something reconstructed, or getting bathroom and kitchen remodeling services, it is better to go as per the planning to avoid any complications during the procedure.
1.2 Determine Your Budget
How much do you have? How much you want to spend? How do you want to spend it? These are some questions you should ask yourself before determining the overall budget.
Usually, homeowners pay a hefty amount to contractors to get full-service kitchen renovation. Thus, if you have proper planning in your mind, all you need to do is set a budget that involves everything – from demolition to reconstruction to remodeling.
To set your kitchen renovation budget, you need to visit showrooms to get an idea about the costs of material and items you want for your kitchen. Also, do your research to get an idea about everything.
Make a wish list of items that need to be replaced in your kitchen. Once you have added all the objects to the list, match the prices you have obtained and see if everything is according to your budget.
1.2.1 Kitchen Remodeling Costs
The finalized budget will help you with kitchen renovation costs. The costs will not exceed if you have been careful while setting up the budget. It all depends on how you have allocated your money.
There are many things such as material costs, labor charges, installation, and service charges that need to be added to your prepared budget. When you have priced out renovation costs, you will understand the allocation and easily provide the contractor what you are looking for, and they will be able to provide you with a project scope.1.3 Designing your Layout
Have you thought about how your kitchen would look? No? Well, maybe it’s time you should go through some attractive and eye-catching designs to bring beauty and functionality to your kitchen.
Browse for perfect and trendy design ideas online to get inspiration for your kitchen. Visit related websites to see their samples of work, popular layouts, and fixture trends.
1.4 Kitchen Spaces
A kitchen is a place where every family member comes, sits, and eats. Sometimes, the entire family gathers in the kitchen for a little chit-chat.
Today, every homeowner wants more from their kitchen. They want it to be a work zone where they could perform any activity while eating. For example, there’s this head of your family who wants to use his laptop to stay on the call with his office colleague while eating his breakfast. He can’t do it if the entire kitchen is occupied by different appliances.
Different people have different priorities. And so you have! Maybe you want your kitchen to be an appealing space for everyone and a comfortable eating area at the same time.
Talking about the designated spaces in a kitchen, we would like to give you some suggestions:
1.4.1 Food Storage
Your kitchen should have sufficient storage space for groceries, including non-perishable items, refrigerated and frozen foods, and drinks.
Dishes, plates, glasses, cutlery, and odds-and-ends, such as scissors or desk items, also remain in the kitchen. Every kitchen has space where these items are kept. However, if you don’t have any such area in your kitchen, make sure it’s included in the new design.
Cleaning the area with recycling bins/ trash cans and household cleaning items is a must-have in every kitchen. This helps you keep all the waste packed in a corner.
1.4.4 Food Preparation Space
It’s the main work area where you have necessary items such as knives, cutting boards, utensils, mixing bowls, etc., to cut vegetables, fruits, make shakes, and do many other things.
1.4.5 Cooking Space
The space with all cooking items, i.e., pots, pans, cooling racks, pressure cookers, bakeware, etc. It is also the main area where you cook food, make tea, or bake delicious cakes.
1.5 Space for Extracurricular Activities
If your kitchen is spacious, you can also dedicate some space for these activities:
You can set up an additional stand-or-sit space such as a bar area and accommodate some stools to enjoy cocktails or dinner in your kitchen. The French Country kitchen with a table for two would be too romantic, won’t it?
It could also be turned into an entertainment place or a conversation zone with lounge chairs or a versatile ottoman.
Large kitchens can be a great dining place where you can have quality time with family, eat breakfast together, or host holiday dinner for your family members.
Got a lot of work? Or need to take an urgent call while having breakfast? Worry not. Your kitchen can function like a cottage kitchen. It could be a relaxing eating space and a dedicated workstation at the same time with attractive and comfortable stools to sit and work.
1.6 Choosing Material for your Kitchen Renovation
When you are done with the designs, the next phase of kitchen renovation is choosing the required material and items that would be a perfect fit for your remodeled kitchen. From floor tiles to cabinets to fixtures, select everything that looks attractive and makes your kitchen give a mesmerizing look every time you enter!
1.7 Kitchen Flooring
Be careful in choosing kitchen flooring. Many kitchen contractors in Miami advise homeowners to choose watertight tiles for flooring as they are durable. However, people also prefer wooden floors as they find them appealing. It’s your home, your kitchen, and you are the owner, so make your call!
Let us tell you some benefits of tile floor before you start looking for the flooring options online
1.7.1 Moisture Resistance
- The major benefit of a tile floor is that it easily absorbs water. Watertight tiles baked at high temperatures also serve as resistant to all kinds of stains. Their density keeps them in good condition for a more extended period.
- is a type of watertight tiles that are made of glass and porcelain. They absorb less than 0.5% moisture and keep the floor undisturbed. Whereas vitreous tiles absorb 0.5 to 3%, and semi-vitreous tiles absorb 3 to 7% of moisture.
- Floor tiles are divided into four ratings:
- Light duty
- Medium duty
- Heavy duty
Here, tiles that fall in the medium and light-duty category are mostly used for a bathroom floor, whereas heavy-duty tiles are used for kitchens, bedrooms, and halls.
1.7.3 Slip Resistance
When you are going for a tiled floor, make sure to choose the ones that provide adequate traction for safe walking. Tiles dedicated to interior floors, patios, showers, and stair threads should be safe even when they are wet.
If you read about tiles, you will find that unglazed and textured tiles offer better traction than glazed ones.
1.7.4 Stain Resistance
There are some areas in your kitchen, including countertops, sinks, and backsplash, with high potential staining. They need regular cleaning to stay in good condition.
Standard, unglazed tiles will soon get rusty due to regular cooking, fire, and waste. So it won’t be a good idea to use them when you are going for kitchen renovation. Dense and sturdy glazed tiles will help you in removing tough stains easily.
1.8 Kitchen Cabinets
Cabinets are considered the backbone of your kitchen as they bring eternal beauty to it. When you are getting professional kitchen remodeling services, ask your contractor to develop a cabinet layout that makes the most use of your kitchen’s size and floor plan.
1.9 Kitchen Countertops
Countertops also play a vital role in setting the tone of your kitchen. You can choose from a wide range of eye-catching countertops designs that reflect your style. Choose attractive and durable kitchen countertops that are esthetically pleasing for you.
1.10 Kitchen Sinks
Sinks are considerably the most used items in the kitchen. Sinks are used for different cleaning purposes, i.e., from doing dishes to washing our hands after cooking. This fixture has various appealing styles, such as beadboard-style farmhouse sink with vertical lines, under-mount sink with a pull-out faucet, dual mount sink, traditional double basin sink, and many more.
REMEMBER: There are different ways to install various styles of sinks. Some of them are fixed before the countertops’ job, while others are flexible to be replaced anytime. For example, an undermount style sink is generally installed before the countertops. In case the sink needs to be replaced prematurely, you need to remove the countertop first.
This entire process might increase the cost of your kitchen renovation cost, and maybe a messy job too! So, choose wisely before contacting the kitchen remodeling services providers.
1.11 Kitchen Lighting
Choose the kitchen lighting that matches its overall design and style. Everything, including the color of walls, floor type, countertops design, sink, and roof, reflects your kitchen’s lighting. Bright colors reflect more light than deep tones.
If you plan to make it a multi-purpose kitchen, subtle lighting may be the better option. But if your kitchen is connected with your dining area, smaller light fixtures may be useful as they would be supported by the dining room lighting too!
2. Cost of Basic, Average, and Advanced Kitchen Renovation in South Florida
You can categorize your kitchen remodeling into three types – basic, average, and advanced – to meet your needs and budget. There are many things that affect the cost of the entire project, such as cabinets, sinks, flooring, countertops, etc. Besides, the cost of the material also depends on the quality, dimension, and logistics.
For example, a basic remodeling project can cover a kitchen that is small on space. You can remodel your kitchen with a low budget that can cover the cost of replacing your sink, backsplash, and reface kitchen cabinets.
On the other hand, an advanced kitchen renovation project requires you to spend a fortune on major renovations such as modern countertops, luxurious floorings, upgrades in kitchen appliances, and high-tech kitchen cabinets.
In Miami, Florida, you will find dozens of contractors providing kitchen remodeling services at different costs. However, an average estimate for an entire renovation project maybe somewhere between:
- $10 000 to $15 000 for a basic kitchen
- $16, 000 to $30, 000 for an average
- $30, 000 and above for an advanced kitchen
2.1 Basic Kitchen Renovation
You can choose basic kitchen remodeling if you are on a tight budget or think your kitchen needs a little improvement. In basic renovation, you have the option to replace things like:
- Cabinets: Mostly, kitchen cabinets get weaker and lose their grip due to regular use. If your cabinets have loose doors or any other parts such as plywood, hardwood, or particleboard are damaged, you should consider repairing them to save the cost. If you think the cabinets are too old to be repaired, you can replace them with attractive and stronger ones.
- Countertops: When you are planning a kitchen renovation, you can’t forget countertops. Not only do they play a vital role in setting the tone of your kitchen, but they are also affordable and can meet your budget easily.
- If your worktops have become colorless, rotten, or damaged, you should replace them with streamlined, stylish, and quality countertops to add value to your kitchen.
- You can choose from a wide range of eye-catching countertops designs that reflect your style. Choose attractive and durable kitchen countertops that are esthetically pleasing for your kitchen.
- Backsplash: Installing a new tile backsplash would not be a burden on your basic renovation budget. An unbroken, clean, and shining tile backsplash with a unique design will elevate the beauty of your kitchen.
- Fixtures: Faucet and sink may get older and colorless with time. If your kitchen is over 5 years older, it is more likely that some of your fixtures may have started malfunctioning. You can also include them on your list.
- New Lighting: Kitchen cabinets and ceiling would look beautiful if there’s sufficient subtle lighting. Get advanced lighting for your kitchen to have a better and much brighter experience.
- Repaint: Color brings life to your kitchen. When your kitchen displays beautiful colors along with upgraded fixtures and lavish-style cabinets, it will give you a real feel of the well-renovated kitchen. Allocate some share from your budget for repainting the walls and ceiling too!
2.2 Average Kitchen Renovation
This plan is best if you have allocated a budget of over $15, 000 for your kitchen remodeling. With an average budget, you can hire professional kitchen contractors in Miami to design a perfect kitchen for you!
The average kitchen renovation plan includes all the same things as included in the basic plan. However, the quality and quantity of material will increase due to the increase in the overall cost.
In this plan, you can get an upgraded design for your kitchen, such as French-country style, with repainting walls and ceilings, refinishing or installing new kitchen cabinets, new lightings, and high-tech fixtures.
- Building new kitchen cabinets: When you are getting kitchen remodeling services from a professional company, they will give you an instant quote for building new cabinets with improved looks and handling. The cost will meet your budget, and you will get the most delicate woodwork with guaranteed results.
- Installation of new kitchen countertops: In this average kitchen renovation plan, you can get the expert installation of new kitchen countertops with professional finishing. The old, rotten worktop would be replaced with an attractive, thick, and healthier one.
- New electrical wirings and light installations: You can get new wiring and fittings of electrical boards, equipment, and lights. The new lighting installations may be a little costly. Still, they will be an incredible addition to your kitchen and your home.
- New kitchen floor: You can get a brand new, top-class floor for your kitchen in this budget. Whether tile floor, wooden or vinyl floor, the upgraded flooring style would give your kitchen a fantastic makeover.
2.3 Advanced Kitchen Renovation
When you are financially stable and have a lot to invest in your kitchen, you have the power to turn your entire kitchen upside down. You can demolish and reconstruct your kitchen entirely in the advanced remodeling plan.
The advanced budget meets all your kitchen remodeling needs. It allows you to choose from a broader range of customizations, including layout and design. However, it would cost you a fortune if you go with this plan.
3. Getting Professional Kitchen Remodeling Services
Now that you know all-about kitchen remodeling services and kitchen renovation, it’s time to make a decision. First, you have to choose which plan you need that meets both your needs and your budget. You can make the selection easily by carefully looking at your kitchen and noting down the necessary repairs or replacements.
Once you have selected your desired budget plan, look for professional kitchen contractors in Miami to get an instant quote. You will find various contractors who will be offering expert-level and quality kitchen remodeling services. However, you need to research well before contacting anyone.
Don’t rush in anything. Kitchen remodeling is not for most weekend warriors, and you need to do everything sequentially. A standard renovation can take up to weeks or sometimes months to complete.
When you are getting a complete kitchen remodeling service, it may involve several craftsmen such as general contractors, plumbers, electricians, designers, and architects. Therefore, when you contact any general contracting company in Miami, Florida, make sure you have checked everything about them, i.e., they are licensed, insured, professional, and permitted by the local authorities for specific tasks such as demolition and reconstruction.
4. Looking for Miami Kitchen Contractors? Choose G6 Investments?
G6 Investments serves both residential and commercial clients in South Florida with exceptional services to fulfill all of their construction needs. We are experts in new construction, renovation, remodeling of offices, homes, kitchens, bathrooms, and home additions.
We take pride in saying that we are one of the most experienced general contracting services providers in Miami, with a proven track record of success. Due to our comprehensive capabilities, our satisfied clients recommend us as the reliable and trusted general contracting company.
With the ability to serving businesses of all types in any commercial or industrial market segment, we manage every aspect of general contracting services, construction, and addition to give our clients eternal peace of mind like never before!
As a general construction company, we supervise various construction projects with the dedication to provide quality craftsmanship, safety, and productivity. Everything we do meets your construction needs and budget. We don’t burden you with any additional charges.
As a professional kitchen renovation company, we maintain the highest standards of renovation and remodeling of all kinds of kitchens with the ability to deliver efficiency and reliability in every project and fulfill our promises in a timely manner.
G6 Investments offers a highly-personalized service through the understanding of the client’s needs and the company’s flexibility. Contact us today to get an instant quote for your kitchen renovation.